Our Organic Drinks
At a glance
- Our beers are from local microbreweries and many have been certified organic especially for us.
- Our wines are organic or biodynamic and supplied by specialist, independent merchants.
- Our spirits are certified organic and our whiskies have been selected according to their taste and ethical ratings.
- Our soft drinks and mixers are all made with natural ingredients and our juices are all pure pressed.
- Our hot drinks are Fairtrade. We get our organic coffee beans from a social enterprise founded by Ethopian refugees and our loose leaf teas are also biodynamic.
When the Duke of Cambridge opened its doors in 1998, there was no organic draft ale available, so we persuaded two London breweries to become certified and brew a range of beers and lagers for us. The heroic Freedom and Pitfield Breweries have continued to supply us from the very beginning.
Alongside their beers we stock an ever-changing range exciting new organic brews from around the country, as well as sourcing the best offerings from our local London microbreweries. We have four pumps for our rotating selection of real ales, three lagers, one wheat beer and one cider on draft, as well as a fantastic range of bottled beers and ciders.
Our wine list offers a superb range of organic and biodynamic wines from both Old and New Worlds. Familiar grapes and regions nestle alongside rarities from hidden corners of the wine-making world, including delicious English white and sparkling wines. Anything we buy from abroad is shipped and never air freighted. When researching the environmental impact of wines from Europe versus those from the New World, we were surprised to find that wine driven to England from Italy causes more pollution per bottle than wine shipped from South Africa and New Zealand.
We have a great array of organic spirits and liqueurs, from amaretto to vermouth, and English grain spirits flavoured with elderflower, sloe and even horseradish - ideal for a Bloody Mary! We have four certified organic whiskies within our selection of classic Single Malts from Scotland, Wales and England.
Our range of non-alcoholic organic drinks are truly delicious – from pure pressed Kentish apple and pear juices to elderflower bubbly and hot and spicy ginger beer. All our teas and coffees are Fairtrade as well as organic.