The Duke of Cambridge
We opened in 1998 and our ethical business ideals remain the same today: we serve delicious organic food and drink carefully sourced from independent producers, while keeping our environmental impact and food miles super-low. In fact, over 90% of our fresh fruit and veg comes from the South East of England and East Anglia.
- Everything we sell is organic and of superb quality – from our home-baked bread to our homemade ice cream and pickles.
- We change our menu daily according to what’s available – if something isn’t in season, you won’t find it on the menu.
- We buy wild sea fish direct from day boat fishers using sustainable methods, such as gill nets and hand lines, and we serve sustainable, UK-landed Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified fish whenever possible.
- Our meat comes from small farms where the highest standards of animal welfare are respected.
- Our winelist offers a superb range of organic and biodynamic wines from both Old and New Worlds. Familiar grapes and regions nestle alongside rarities from hidden corners of the wine-making world.
- Our organic beers are brewed by small independent, artisan brewers from around the country, and we offer a selection of local ales from the best of London’s burgeoning microbreweries.
- We never, ever airfreight anything.
- We are obsessed with having the lowest carbon footprint possible: we re-use and recycle wherever possible, and our electricity is wind and solar generated.
- This year we are celebrating 14 years of sustainable and ethical
Ocassionally we also host private functions such as weddings, parties charity events,see the events pages for further details.
Please note: The pub doesn’t have any step free access to the lavatories.