The Duke of Cambridge
We opened in 1998 and our ethical business ideals remain the same today: we serve delicious organic food and drink carefully sourced from independent producers, while keeping our environmental impact and food miles super-low. In fact, over 90% of our fresh fruit and veg comes from the South East of England and East Anglia.
- Everything we sell is organic and of superb quality – from our home-baked bread to our homemade ice cream and pickles.
- We change our menu daily according to what’s available – if something isn’t in season, you won’t find it on the menu.
- We buy wild sea fish direct from day boat fishers using sustainable methods, such as gill nets and hand lines, and we serve sustainable, UK-landed Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified fish whenever possible.
- Our meat comes from small farms where the highest standards of animal welfare are respected.
- Our winelist offers a superb range of organic and biodynamic wines from both Old and New Worlds. Familiar grapes and regions nestle alongside rarities from hidden corners of the wine-making world.
- Our organic beers are brewed by small independent, artisan brewers from around the country, and we offer a selection of local ales from the best of London’s burgeoning microbreweries.
- We never, ever airfreight anything.
- We are obsessed with having the lowest carbon footprint possible: we re-use and recycle wherever possible, and our electricity is wind and solar generated.
- This year we are celebrating 14 years of sustainable and ethical
Ocassionally we also host private functions such as weddings, parties charity events,see the events pages for further details.